ZWL is the Zylitics Webdriver Language. ZWL packs language features, end to end test utilities and assertion utilities in a single package. It's primary focus is simplicity and conciseness. ZWL is a dynamically typed, declarative language that doesn't introduce any new syntax.
ZWL uses selenium and W3C webdriver under the hood to automate browsers and is an abstraction over the details of both of these. It is not required to know or learn selenium and/or webdriver to work with ZWL. With our extensive documentation on ZWL, you will learn exactly what is needed to build reliable tests without going too much into the internals.
- Be easy enough for users with less programming experience.
- Provide powerful features like advanced string, array and map manipulation and strong regex support for experienced users.
- Be minimally verbose. Give ability to write declarative tests.
- Design built-in functions in a way that support Do more write less methodology.
- Easy readability and debugging.
- Pack everything needed to write great e2e tests in a single package.
We document not only the APIs and their detail but also a suggested learning path, common mistakes and their solutions, what to do and what to avoid, when to use what, how to build resilient selectors, bad selector practices and much more. This documentation is categorized in following parts:
|Language Resources||Learn ZWL language, get to know built-ins, guides and concepts, examples, debugging details and api reference. Get a quick overview or deep dive into details.|
|End To End Test Resources||Learn everything to write great end to end tests. Tutorials, guides, examples, suggestions, common problems, case studies, built-in functions, api reference and more.|